"The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you."-Anonymous

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Memory's Chains

I caught a ribbon of sunshine
tied it in your hair
your radiance
just stole it's glow

Begged a rainbow
drape you in her coat
Life was then for us
so full of hope

Prayed an angel
hold you safe from harm
Paid the Devil
just to keep you warm

Walked a thousand miles,
crossed the deepest sea
Hoping you'd say yes
to eternity

Now I stand here
in the fading light
Of our best days
turned to darkest night

In the moon's glow
I cling to the past
So many memories
too good to last

Yet when I think of you
I just can't let go
In case you're wondering
I still love you so

When you think of us
don't dwell in the dark
Find that special place
where we're not apart

Grab a ribbon of sunshine
tie it in your hair
Remember a young man
who's still smiling there

Hope in the air
heart on his sleeve
One who implored you
down on his knees

"Will you marry me?"

Then ask yourself
"Am I truly free?"

Can you ever be?

No comments:

Post a Comment