"The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you."-Anonymous

Friday, June 18, 2010

Not Quite Over

As I sit alone
no longer saddened
by my fate
Simply tired
drained, somber, and confused
I think of you....

All the things, we could have been
the things we both became
leave me wondering
What should I do?
I wonder....
Do you wonder too?

Helpless, hopeless
lost in doubt
hurt and still yet
healing
controlled by my own
feelings..
and yet somehow...
(I guess I'm dealing)

Talk to the stars
listen to the moon
waiting for the sign
that should come soon
so appealing
The thought of
letting you go


I hope for a goal
and pray for a sign
looking to the day
that I might find
another heart
To take your place...

Still there's the moment
deep in the night
I've just gone to sleep
and awake with a fright
because you're not there
(love just isn't fair)

We had what we had
now it's all gone
I'm left here alone to carry on
It's a tragedy
what you've done to me

I won't live in pain
nor cry wasted tears
and I won't complain
or decry the years
that we once shared
(back when you cared)

For the moment though
I'd just like
to let
you
go

No comments:

Post a Comment