"The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you."-Anonymous

Monday, January 25, 2010

Afterlife Second Chance


So when they
grow old together

Now it will be apart

So terribly sad
an ending

To so beautiful a start

They knew love
like wildfire
both touched by
the flame

None could aspire
to reach any higher
nor see their
passion tamed

They stared up
at the same stars

For a dozen years now gone

Though cold, and up
so very far

They wished on every one

Times they took together
to show their daughter love
there for her whatever
no sacrifice too much

Those stars ride
the twilight sky
That wildfire's
long burned out

Happiness became
a deep divide
Across which
a lone man shouts


"I loved you then "
"I love you now"
"We'll meet again "
"I don't know how"

"Perhaps up in the twilight sky
in heaven when our lives pass by?"

"You'll know me as an old dear friend
and one you'd care to love again"

"I'll run to you on feet of wings
forgiving all those painful things"

"To finally spend eternity
The way I'd always hoped to be"

No comments:

Post a Comment