"The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you."-Anonymous

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Damaged Soul Fades

Last threads of sanity
tear from my soul
drift in an eternity
no longer whole

Awash in despair
a coat of lost hope
blown on the air
of destiny's smoke

Chasing a life
that runs at my sight
sorrow and strife
beckon the night

Afraid to reveal
my face to the sun
yet warmth has appeal
where darkness has none

Last threads of sanity
abandoning my soul
a silent cry echoes
"Was I ever whole?"

A whisper of nothing
responds with a sigh
"Sadly an answer,
I cannot provide"

The laughter of silence
then leaves in a rush
afraid still to jump
I yearn for a push

Step from the shadows
chasing myself
a nervous wind taking
my last cry for help

Last threads of sanity
lie at my feet
the war with my pain
ends in defeat

No comments:

Post a Comment