"The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you."-Anonymous

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stolen Inspiration

I often sat before this keyboard

thinking of you



Beautiful words would just appear

I did not sense contact with the keys

as if I thought them onto the screen

My heart grew with a love for you

as poetry beat it's way from my soul

to honor you, my love for you

Pictures of our love eternal

removed from me a need to even dream



The other side, the dark side

so much I did not know



Your secrets, painful awful secrets

I know them now, enough of them

Don't tell me anymore, ever, I beg you

It's all sadness and pain, deep and cutting



I write sorrow now

grey nights, dead flowers, weeping

broken heart, poor me, pity me



I want to find a way back

to the beautiful words

I haven't given up

It's so dark and yet

I know they exist, somewhere

They came freely, so often before



I know it was you

who took them

Please, give them back

No comments:

Post a Comment