"The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you."-Anonymous

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Carpenter's Grove

"Pull up a chair, please pardon my stare,
You remind me of someone I love."

"Care for some wine,perhaps pass the time?
I’ve never seen you,in Carpenter’s Grove?"

"Oh good, you’ll stay,you’re certainly nice.
It’s gotten so quiet since losing my wife."

"She left me you see, alone in this place,
vanished one day,without a trace."

"I imagine she’s happy, it eases the pain.
Hopefully one day,I’ll see her again."

"You see, I forgive her. How could I not?
She no longer loved me,felt lonely and lost."

"She married too young,missed out on the fun,
a newfound love promised to share."

"Yes, we had vows. You’re wondering how
she'd abandon them, without a care?"

"I wondered that too. I don’t have a clue.
Sometimes it seems life isn’t fair."

"Enough about me,I sure ramble on,
there’s been no one here,for so very long."

"I forget sometimes to be a good host.
Sit here a’ haunting, old heartbroken ghost."

"Let me just add some wood to the stove.
Tell me ,what brings you to Carpenter’s Grove?"

No comments:

Post a Comment