"The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you."-Anonymous

Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Beginning's End

Remember when we were so nervous about the life we'd just begun?


I think of all the silly things we did
How I miss every one.

The rainy day at the old church
aglow in your white dress

How moving from your parent's home
made you such a mess

We bought that house we hated
the place was such a wreck

We worked so hard to make it
a place where I felt blessed

Our baby grew, our love did too
the years passed quickly by

Reflected in your lovely eyes
stood such a lucky guy


Remember when we were so nervous about the life we'd just begun?


The thing that hurts the worst is
how quickly it was undone

I'm sure I bear my fair share
of what we'd call the blame

I loved you all and everything
yet you ceased to feel the same

It's obvious you thought that
I could be a better man

The things you did to prove it
I'll never understand

Instead of ever telling me
exactly how you felt

You went out and gave your love
away to someone else

You left me stating simply
"I used to be carefree"

I think by then you only were
free of care for me

Now life is cold and empty
you're so happy to be gone

Lost deep in fading memories of the life we'd just begun

No comments:

Post a Comment