"The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you."-Anonymous

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Before the Snow


I stood amongst the blowing leaves
In the silence of the Fall
You lie there, with your friends
Heroes, one and all

They came for you in Springtime
now two years ago
when we both told the children
Mommy has to go

You went to fight for freedom
at least, that's what they said
the sound of your flight leaving
still echoes in my head

That phone call you made to me
when I was feeling low
You always were the brave one
God I miss you so

"Darling don't you worry
please hug both our kids
We're moving in the morning
to back up Squadron six"

"They're pinned down and it's ugly
they really need our help
I know you're worried for me
I'll take care of myself"

"I've got one piece of good news
I thought that you should know
It looks like I'll be coming home
sometime before the snow "

No comments:

Post a Comment